Answele shows the World his skills with the release of his first official EP “In Control”. Of course we have the Grammy Winning Producer Young Pow at the production. He followed Answele’s career from his first steps in the musical business. We had the pleasure to find out about this young and gifted singer in 2017. Then we had the opportunity to work in association with Young Pow to bring him on tour in Europe in 2018 as I-Octane open act Artist traveling in Countries as Italy, Germany, France, Austria, Sweden and Switzerland.
We interviewed the versatile Dj-Pele Knackis from Brown’s Town, Jamaica, in Italy during his last Spring Europe Tour 2019 promoted by Gege Vibes in collaboration with Young Pow (Free Download Gege Vibes Magazine mixtape Vol. 1 by DJ-PELE KNACKIS and subscribe to our Soundcloud following the link below).
Gege Vibes meets Sean “Pow” Diedrick in O2 Academy Brixton (London) during Damian Marley Uk Tour Summer 2018. Once again we got an interview with Sean aka Di Producer, owner of the label Young Pow Production, that impressed us by his musical achievements. Indeed, the polyhedral artist is the grammy keyboard player and producer of the year for the credits he gave on Stony Hill Album: R.O.A.R., Autumn Leaves, Slave Mills, Time Travel and the most of the tracks. At the beginning of 2018 he released “Destiny Riddim”, a compilation with various reggae artists. Basically. he decided to remix the famous tune “Where we come from” of Popcaan, juggling the riddim and involving other names as I-Octane, Christopher Ellis, Alaine, Press Kay, Answele, Sowflo, Black Am I and Irie SoulJah. It was nice that on the same instrumental have participated mainstream and upcoming artists from different places as Jamaica, Miami, Spain and Uk. It was a success distributed by Ghetto Youths International with important credits by Sherieta and Baby G. “Di producer” shared his point of view explaining us how he built his own independent project. For the new year there are a new productions to be released, as for example some unfinished Chronixx and Sean Paul. Definitely, Sean is leaving his mark on the World in the name of his original place: Orange Hill, Brown’s Town
After the journey of Gege Vibes in Jamaica last summer, we were able to appreciate closely the vibrations of the Caribbean Island from a musical point of view. Bob Marley’s homeland is not only today represented by the Reggae. In fact there are many branches of the genre that have developed over the years and the new sounds that have been created. We could say that today the jamaican music influenced many other genres contaminating it. The Jamaican talents who try to follow their way through their artistic skills are multiplying more and more. Finally the mentality to prefer music and believe in his own dream to the ghetto’s life is being consolidated. Especially in the very young artists. Then I’ve interviewed a singer and musician originally from the area of Trelawny (Jamaica): Answele, only 20 years old. He grew up becoming passionate about music after being in church almost every Saturday at a very tender age, as a lot of jamaican people. The faith is important there as much as music. It was precisely in his parrish that begins his career starting in to play the drums in that place.
“The problem was that my true love for music was for the reggae and not for the liturgical one, but it was not accepted in my church or at home where my father disapproved my behaviour for disobeying to his instructions to don’t perform in reggae and dancehall parties”, Answele said.
But the guy continues to trust himself creating a small label to appear on the scene with the first recordings. In 2016, he experiments different musical genres such as lovers-rock, Hip Hop, Hard-core Dancehall and meets the Jamaican producer Sean Diedrick, owner of the brand Young Pow Productions and historical keyboarder of Damian Marley, as well as Winning Grammy co-producer of Stony Hill Album. Young Pow invests a lot of energy producing the new Answele’s Ep and recording the songs in the famous Big Yard Studio and Tuff Gong Studio, the Bob Marley’s one, both in Kingston Capital (Jamaica). The new Answele’s work is coming out. Let’s hear what his feelings are before the international launch of it.
Your passion for the music started in the church’s environment when you were only a child. Say us something about the beginning of your musical journey
It was a bit complicated. Parents were strict so i was basically disobeying rules. I was engaged in a lot of singing activitIes at church and I was very good at singing harmonies too, but I would listen mostly to reggae songs on the radios and all I knew is that I enjoyed the sounds and I was having fun singing them among my peers.
When you grew up from a child to a boy you understood that your real inspiration was the reggae. What represent this musical genre in your life?
I think the way to express myself through my lyrics, the consciousness and a little of my style of music. I enjoyed listening to Reggae artists nation wide and I could feel their music from within and how inspiring it was to me. I was thinking : “I want people to feel it when they listen to any of my songs”.
How much your community influenced your music and your style?
My community does play a part, but telling the truth I sing about topics that happen globally across the World every day. Everywhere there are people who are either not with you or genuine people who wants to see you in the way that you aspire to become. As well as there are people who needs motivation through listening music.
What about the creation of TeamTripleWorks music and the collaboration with the great producers Young Pow and Sherieta?
TeamTripleWorks music was officially created by me and two other associates Bvrban and Ricky Cee in 2015. We all had different talents, I am the harmony vocalist & Graphic Designer, Ricky Cee is the engineer and Bvrban is the beat maker. Then a year ago i was introduced to Young Pow and I met Sherieta few months later, they both loved the sound of my voice and decided to play a major role in my production.
“F U Poverty” is a released dancehall single with a strong lyric. What is for you the way to forget the poverty and to be successful?
Staying Focus and continue working hard.
Your new single “Stayed” is out in the digital shops. What about the meaning of this song?
I think I stepped a little out of the box to compose “Stayed”. This song is about a thing that happens every day : men cheating and regretting it afterwards. The speciality about this tune is that I got the instrumental from Young Pow during a time I was thinking about a complicated relationship and it influenced the entire song. This song is on the tracklist of Destiny Riddim, a compilation of different jamaican artists including Popcaan, iOctane, Black Am I and more.
What are your future projects ?
Well I have a new EP (Short Album) that is releasing soon from Young Pow Productions which will include 6 tracks. “Stayed” is also apart of it. The remaining five songs are fire so I am urging the mass to look out for this EP, trust me, the tunes them nuh normal !
Destiny Riddim is the new coolest reggae product of 2018. The compilation is produced by Sean Diedrick aka Young Pow, the Grammy Winning Producer of Damian Marley’s “Stony Hill”. The Album just won the highest award in the music industry; Baby G, the legacy of King Jahmmy and Sherieta, well known singer, songwriter and Jr Gong’s backing voice. Mainstream names as Popcaan and I-Octane participated in the project with their versions, but on the Destiny Riddim there was also space for some new talents from the Island as Answele. All the artists were really glad to be a part of.
The 31st of December 2017 Gege Vibes Magazine has celebrated his second anniversary ending a very intense year full of worldwide experiences. Gege Vibes moved from Italy to Uk, touring in Netherlands and in Jamaica. We thought to realize a video recap of 2017 to summarize all the emotions. Under the link is possible to read the video’s descriptions.
1) Luciano Messenjah Greeting. We met Luciano after his great show in Utrecht (Nl) where he performed with Freddie McGregor. Our interview together was the most spiritual of the year and I could feel the positive energy inside him. He taughts me the importance to feel the rasta vibes in the heart.
2) Swele Greeting. Swele is a new talent from Jamaica. He’s only 20 years old. His history and his voice passionated Gege Vibes Team that decided to promote him in Europe waiting for his tour 2018.
3) Italee Greeting. I had a special interview with this strong jamaican lioness during the last edition of Casalabate Music Festival in Salento (Italy). Every year the last performance of this festival is the selection of David Rodigan. The Queen gave thanks to Gege Vibes Magazine to carry the flag of reggae in the medias area.
4) Sean Paul & Chi Ching Ching Greeting. In 2017 we followed a lot of Sean Paul & Chi Ching Ching’s shows in Uk, Italy and Jamaica. We selected some shootings of their live on the prestigious stage of Reggae Sumfest – Montego Bay (Jamaica) and in Gallipoli (Italy) where Gege Vibes interviewed the multiplatinum singer and his artist.
5) Julian Marley Greeting. One of the son of reggae Legend Bob Marley. He announced his new album coming soon. We are waiting for his new tour to set the shooting of the video interview together.
6) Spice Greeting. We interviewed Spice in Salento (Italy). We talked about the role of the woman in the dancehall and about the explicit sexual lyrics in her songs. Definitely, the female dancehall boss has the lady side, but also the gangsta side.
7) A little immersion in our cultural trip in Jamaica of this summer with Richie Stephens and the Ska Nation Band following “Kingston-Salento International Tour”. We selected the performances of Richie Stephens, Ska Nation Band and Sud Sound System in the museum “Jamaican Institute” and a frame of Richie Stephens & the Ska Nation Band’s show in Reggae Sumfest Jamaica.
8) Mr. Vegas Greeting. The “blessed” jamaican artist donated his greeting before his show in Salento for “I am Black and White – Christmas Concert” promoted by Adriatic Sound.
9) Sean Diedrick aka “Young Pow” Greeting. “2018 is all Gege”, said the brilliant producer that is popular as Damian Marley’s keyboarder too. In 2018 will be surprises because it’s the year to build big stuffs together and to spread the vibes of all the nice Young Pow’s productions through our channels.
10) Courtney Bam Diedrick Greeting. Bam Drumz is the historical Jr Gong’s drummer. He represents for our column 2018 “Drums & Rhythm” . We will go deeply in the magic world of the percussions interviewing the best drummers of the worldwide scene. Stay tuned !
11) Damian Marley Greeting. We had the pleasure to see once again a performance of Jr Gong last june in Gallipoli (Italy). So we interviewed Damian one month before the release of his last album “Stony Hill”. Some months later, in November to be exactly, ‘Gong Zilla’ won the Mobo Award for the Best Reggae Act. Naturally, the video ends with the special greeting of the best Bob’s legacy.
Thanks to the artists, producers, musicians, dancers, editors, video-makers, photographers and all the awesome people that supported it. This is the loop. Blessings and prosperity be yours through the new year.