Today is out the new single “Self-Fulfilment” from the Jamaican reggae singer The Carey James. He’s a multi-faceted recording Artist, song writer, musician and producer based in Kingston, Jamaica. Armed with a plethora of lyrics, talent and the attitude to excel, he aims to give listeners an euphoric feeling each time they hear his music.
Today we have interviewed a new rising star from Jamaica: J Written. The young Artist Jason Rasheed Wright, stage name J Written, was born in 1994 and he was destined for musical prowess from an early age.
Growing up with his mother, father and two sisters, J Written’s life was blighted by financial instability and constant moving around various areas of Kingston, Jamaica.
“I was unable to socialise with my peers because of my parent’s fear of negative influences,” says Written.
“I was forced to stay inside the house with my sisters. This is how I found out writing and reading was an easy way to escape the grey reality. I wrote daily journals and personal articles on the wall of my homes.”
Kingston, JA: Singer Richie Stephens and his 17-member Ska Nation Band will headline this year’s Grand Gala, the premier entertainment event for the celebration of Jamaica’s 56th Independence at the National Stadium in Kingston on August 6, 2018.
“Reggae Bounce from Jamaica to Europe” is the new mixtape mixed by Dj Pele (Young Pow Production) for Gege Vibes Magazine. Dj Pele is a popular selecter from Jamaica. He developed an early interest in music due to the vast array of Sound Systems which were booked for popular street dancers in the capital city Kingston, Sound Systems such as Killamanjaro, Stone Love, King Addies and more. These sound systems showed him from an early stage in his life what he really wanted to do : a disc jockey like no other, versatile as the best of them, one who could be a Selecta(selector) of good music and a microphone DJ as well, one that can hold the crowd maintaining their interests and energies. Moving to St. Ann he went to work for a sound system as sound engineer.
“My job was to ensure that the sound system was in order and that the boxes were ok. After continuous hard work and practice I was given the chance to play on this sound system’s turn table… I remember being so nervous that I broke the needle, which wasn’t a good start, we were still using records at that time. After this initial fail, I did a pretty good job of impressing the boss by my style of play, after that I guess I was on my way to becoming a sound system selector”, he told.
Dj Pele had spent almost 20 years developing and honing his skills as a disc jockey from the days of records, cassettes, CD’s, Virtual Dj to Serato. He got dubplates from a lot of artists : Stephen Marley, Damian Marley, Vybz Kartel, Popcaan, Sizzla, Romain Virgo and many more. He becomes known as one of the most rounded disc jockey of his generation in Jamaica being comfortable playing different genres of music, different spaces and different crowds.
“Having a diverse knowledge base of different types of music, it has allowed me to become very good at what I do : music is my passion. Being a DJ isn’t just a job to me but is a part of me, it is what makes me who I am, playing music for different people and seeing them having a great time gives me the greatest thrill, knowing that I can make them feel the way they do”, he claimed. As the great Bob Marley says “When music hits you feel no pain”. Enjoy the “Reggae Bounce from Jamaica to Europe Mixtape” with the music of Damian Marley, Chronixx, Popcaan, Tarrus Riley, Stephen Marley, Sizzla Kalonji, Christopher Ellis, iOctane, Swele, Press Kay, Assassin aka Agent Sasco and many more. Check the Dj Pele’s upcoming European Tour this summer as well powered by Gege Vibes.
Stasera ritorna il party del mercoledì di Roma a San Lorenzo, Locanda Atlantide.
La crew resident per questo nuovo appuntamento di WEDDY WEDDY – Roma, il party ispirato all’evento del mercoledì di Kingston al 41 di Burlington Ave, ospiterà l’ennesimo international artist della stagione. Direttamente dalla Giamaica, uno dei Sound più all’avanguardia della Black Music: COPPERSHOT MUSIC.
Coppershot è un gruppo di “Veteran Disc Jockeys”, fondato nel 1994, che promuove eventi non solo in Giamaica, ma in tutto il mondo. Grazie al grande successo internazionale, la crew ha vinto consecutivamente i premi per la categoria “Best Sound System in Jamaica” agli Youth View Awards. Il loro stile è un composto di remix originali, una pioggia di dubplate dei più alti livelli, mix energici e scratching veloci di reggae, pop, soca, dancehall, hip hop, reggaeton e R&B.
San Lorenzo vi sembrerà un quartiere di Kingston!
Prima e dopo Coppershot Sound il gruppo romano Pakkia Crew, partner dell’evento, e i sound resident: Bear Bros., Compa, Dancehall Hustlers e MilitantDandy.
Un’altra notte all’insegna delle stelle che hanno reso celebre la dancehall music in tutto il mondo, sempre free entry, sempre a Locanda Atlantide in Via dei Lucani, 22b, Roma.
The 31st of December 2017 Gege Vibes Magazine has celebrated his second anniversary ending a very intense year full of worldwide experiences. Gege Vibes moved from Italy to Uk, touring in Netherlands and in Jamaica. We thought to realize a video recap of 2017 to summarize all the emotions. Under the link is possible to read the video’s descriptions.
1) Luciano Messenjah Greeting. We met Luciano after his great show in Utrecht (Nl) where he performed with Freddie McGregor. Our interview together was the most spiritual of the year and I could feel the positive energy inside him. He taughts me the importance to feel the rasta vibes in the heart.
2) Swele Greeting. Swele is a new talent from Jamaica. He’s only 20 years old. His history and his voice passionated Gege Vibes Team that decided to promote him in Europe waiting for his tour 2018.
3) Italee Greeting. I had a special interview with this strong jamaican lioness during the last edition of Casalabate Music Festival in Salento (Italy). Every year the last performance of this festival is the selection of David Rodigan. The Queen gave thanks to Gege Vibes Magazine to carry the flag of reggae in the medias area.
4) Sean Paul & Chi Ching Ching Greeting. In 2017 we followed a lot of Sean Paul & Chi Ching Ching’s shows in Uk, Italy and Jamaica. We selected some shootings of their live on the prestigious stage of Reggae Sumfest – Montego Bay (Jamaica) and in Gallipoli (Italy) where Gege Vibes interviewed the multiplatinum singer and his artist.
5) Julian Marley Greeting. One of the son of reggae Legend Bob Marley. He announced his new album coming soon. We are waiting for his new tour to set the shooting of the video interview together.
6) Spice Greeting. We interviewed Spice in Salento (Italy). We talked about the role of the woman in the dancehall and about the explicit sexual lyrics in her songs. Definitely, the female dancehall boss has the lady side, but also the gangsta side.
7) A little immersion in our cultural trip in Jamaica of this summer with Richie Stephens and the Ska Nation Band following “Kingston-Salento International Tour”. We selected the performances of Richie Stephens, Ska Nation Band and Sud Sound System in the museum “Jamaican Institute” and a frame of Richie Stephens & the Ska Nation Band’s show in Reggae Sumfest Jamaica.
8) Mr. Vegas Greeting. The “blessed” jamaican artist donated his greeting before his show in Salento for “I am Black and White – Christmas Concert” promoted by Adriatic Sound.
9) Sean Diedrick aka “Young Pow” Greeting. “2018 is all Gege”, said the brilliant producer that is popular as Damian Marley’s keyboarder too. In 2018 will be surprises because it’s the year to build big stuffs together and to spread the vibes of all the nice Young Pow’s productions through our channels.
10) Courtney Bam Diedrick Greeting. Bam Drumz is the historical Jr Gong’s drummer. He represents for our column 2018 “Drums & Rhythm” . We will go deeply in the magic world of the percussions interviewing the best drummers of the worldwide scene. Stay tuned !
11) Damian Marley Greeting. We had the pleasure to see once again a performance of Jr Gong last june in Gallipoli (Italy). So we interviewed Damian one month before the release of his last album “Stony Hill”. Some months later, in November to be exactly, ‘Gong Zilla’ won the Mobo Award for the Best Reggae Act. Naturally, the video ends with the special greeting of the best Bob’s legacy.
Thanks to the artists, producers, musicians, dancers, editors, video-makers, photographers and all the awesome people that supported it. This is the loop. Blessings and prosperity be yours through the new year.